Danielle's website

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Some quotes from Pirates of The Caribbean

Will Turner: Barbossa, you lying bastard! You swore she'd go free!
Barbossa: Don't dare impugn my honor boy! I agreed she go free, but it was you who failed to specify when or where. Though it does seem a shame to lose somethin' so fine, don't it, lads?
The Crew: Aye.
Barbossa: So I'll be havin' that dress back.
Jack Sparrow: I always liked you.
Jacoby: Grr...
Elizabeth: Goes with your black heart.
Barbossa: Ooh, it's still warm.
The Crew: Off you go!; Come on!; Get on with it!
Jacoby: Too long!
Jack Sparrow: I really rather hope we were past all this.
Barbossa: Jack... Jack! Did you not notice? That be the same island we made you the governor of on our last little trip.
Jack Sparrow: I did notice.
Barbossa: Perhaps, you'll conjure up another miraculous escape, but I doubt it. Off you go.
Jack Sparrow: The last time you left me a pistol with one shot.
Barbossa: By the powers, you're right. Where be Jack's pistol? Bring it forward.
Jack Sparrow: Seeing as there's two of us, a gentleman would give us a pair of pistols.
Barbossa: It'll be one pistol as before, and you can be the gentleman and shoot the lady; and starve to death yourself.

Town Clerk: Jack Sparrow.
Jack Sparrow: Captain... Captain Jack Sparrow.
Town Clerk: ...for your willful commission of crime against the grounds. Those crimes being numerous in quantity and sinister in nature...
Elizabeth: This is wrong...
Governor Swann: Commodore Norrington is bound by the law, as are we all.
Town Clerk: ...impersonating an officer of the Royal Navy; impersonating a clergy of the Church of England...
Jack Sparrow: Ah, yes. Ha ha.
Town Clerk: ...arson; kidnapping; perjury; piracy; pilfering; deprivation of a Federal Loyalist. For these crimes you will be hung by the neck until dead. May God have mercy on your soul.

Mr. Gibbs: Then, on the fourth day, he roped himself a couple of sea turtles, lashed 'em together and made a raft.
Will Turner: He roped a couple of sea turtles.
Mr. Gibbs: Aye. Sea turtles.
Will Turner: What did he use for rope?
Jack Sparrow: [from beside them] Human hair.
[pause]
Jack Sparrow: From my back.

Jack Sparrow: [after Will draws his sword] Put it away, son. It's not worth you getting beat again.
Will Turner: You didn't beat me. You ignored the rules of engagement. In a fair fight, I'd kill you.
Jack Sparrow: That's not much incentive for me to fight fair, then, is it?

Barbossa: How the blazes did you get off that island?
Jack Sparrow: When you marooned me on that god forsaken spit of land, you forgot one very important thing, mate: I'm Captain Jack Sparrow.

[after inspecting the crew]
Jack Sparrow: Satisfied?
Will Turner: Well you proved they're mad.

Barbossa: So you expect to leave me standing on some beach with nothing but a name and your word it's the one I need and watch you sail away on my ship?
Jack Sparrow: No. I expect to leave you standing on some beach with absolutely no name at all, watching me sail away on my ship and then I'll shout the name back to you. Savvy?
Barbossa: But that still leaves us with the problem of me standing on some beach with naught but a name and your word it's the one I need.
Jack Sparrow: Of the two of us I am the only one who hasn't committed mutiny, therefore my word is the one we'll be trusting. Although, I suppose I should be thanking you because in fact, if you hadn't betrayed me and left me to die, I would have an equal share in that curse same as you.
[bites into an apple]
Jack Sparrow: Funny ol' world, innit? [offers him an apple]

Jack Sparrow: [Imitating Elizabeth] "It must have been terrible for you, Jack. Must have been terrible." Well, it bloody is now.
[Seeing Norrington's ship off shore]
Jack Sparrow: There'll be no living with her after this.

Jack Sparrow: Parleley, parlelellyleloooo, par le nee, partner, par... snip, parsley...
Ragetti: Parley?
Jack Sparrow: That's the one. Parley. Parley.
Pintel: Parley? Damn to the depths whatever man what thought of "Parley".
Jack Sparrow: That would be the French.

[Barbossa leans in to slit Will's throat]
Jack Sparrow: You don't want to be doing that, mate.
Barbossa: No, I really think I do.
Jack Sparrow: Your funeral.

[the other pirates come upon Jack Sparrow in the cave]
Pintel: You? You're supposed to be dead.
Jack Sparrow: [Looks himself up and down] Am I not?

Jack Sparrow: That's the second time I've had to watch that man sail away with my ship.
Elizabeth: But you were marooned on this island before, weren't you? So we can escape in the same way you did then.
Jack Sparrow: To what point and purpose, young missy? The Black Pearl is gone and unless you have a rudder and a lot of sails hidden in that bodice - unlikely - young Mr. Turner will be dead long before you can reach him.
Elizabeth: But you're Captain Jack Sparrow. You vanished from under the eyes of seven agents of the East India Company. You sacked Nassau Port without even firing a shot. Are you the pirate I've read about or not? How did you escape last time?
Jack Sparrow: Last time... I was here a grand total of three days, alright? Last time, the rum runners used this island as a cache, they came past and I was able to barter passage off. By the look of things, they've long been out of business. Probably have your bloody friend Norrington to thank for that.
Elizabeth: That's it, then? That's the secret, grand adventure of the infamous Jack Sparrow. You spent three days lying on a beach drinking rum.
Jack Sparrow: Welcome to the Carribean, love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home