Danielle's website

Sunday, April 03, 2005

Some quotes from The Incredibles

Lucius Best: Honey? Where's my super suit?
Honey Best: What?
Lucius Best: Where - is - my - super - suit?
Honey Best: I, uh, put it away
Lucius Best: Where?
Honey Best: Why... do you need to know?
[helicopter explodes outside]
Lucius Best: I need it!
[Lucius rummages through another room of his condo]
Honey Best: Don't you think about running off doing no derrin'-do. We've been planning this dinner for two months!
Lucius Best: The public is in danger!
Honey Best: My evening's in danger!
Lucius Best: You tell me where my suit is, woman! We are talking about the greater good!
Honey Best: Greater good? I am your wife! I'm the greatest *good* you are ever gonna get!

Mr. Incredible: No matter how many times you save the world, it always manages to get back in jeopardy again. Sometimes I just want it to stay saved! You know, for a little bit? I feel like the maid; "I just cleaned up this mess! Can we keep it clean for... for ten minutes!"

Boy on Tricycle: [after watching the Parr Family defeat Syndrome over their house] Oh, man. . .THAT WAS TOTALLY WICKED!

Bob Parr: Weren't you in the news? Some show in, Prayge... Prague?
Edna 'E' Mode: Milan, darling. Milan. Supermodels. Hah! Nothing "super" about them... spoiled, stupid little stick figures with poofy lips who think only about themselves. Feh! I used to design for *gods*!
Edna 'E' Mode: You need a new suit, that much is certain.
Bob Parr: A new suit? Where the heck am I gonna get a new suit?
Edna 'E' Mode: You can't! It's impossible! I'm far too busy - so ask me now before I become sane.
Bob Parr: You want to make me a suit?
Edna 'E' Mode: You push too hard, darling! But I accept!
Edna 'E' Mode: It will be bold! Dramatic!
Bob Parr: Yeah!
Edna 'E' Mode: Heroic!
Bob Parr: Yeah. Something classic - like Dynaguy. Oh, he had a great look - the cape and the boots...
Edna 'E' Mode: No capes!
[Throws a wadded ball of paper at Bob's head]
Bob Parr: Isn't that my decision?
Edna 'E' Mode: Do you remember Thunderhead? Tall, storm powers? Nice man, good with kids. Bob Parr: Listen 'E'...
Edna 'E' Mode: November 15th of '58! All was well, another day saved... when his cape snagged on a missile!
Bob Parr: Thunderhead was not the brightest bulb...
Edna 'E' Mode: Stratogirl! April 23rd, '57! Cape caught in a jet turbine!
Bob Parr: E, you can't generalize about these things...
Edna 'E' Mode: Metaman - express elevator! Dynaguy - snagged on takeoff! Splashdown - sucked into a vortex! NO CAPES!

Bob Parr: Honey, stay here with the kids. I'm going in.
Helen Parr: Oh what am I supposed to do? Sit here on the sidelines?
Bob Parr: I'm am asking you to stay here with the kids, please.
Helen Parr: And I telling you no way. You're my husband and we are in this together for better or worse.
Bob Parr: I have to do this alone.
Helen Parr: What is this to you? Some sort of game?
Bob Parr: No, It's just...
Helen Parr: You're big chance to be Mr. Incredible again?
Bob Parr: What? No, I just... I'm not strong enough...
Helen Parr: And this will make you strong?
Bob Parr: Yes... No, it's not that.
Helen Parr: Is that what this is? Some sort of work out?
Bob Parr: No, I just...
Helen Parr: What is it, Bob?
Bob Parr: I CAN'T LOSE YOU AGAIN! I can't. Not again. I'm not... strong... enough...
Helen Parr: [kisses him] If we work together, you won't have to be.
Bob Parr: I don't know what will happen...
Helen Parr: Hey, We're super heroes. What could happen?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home